Media: Music - Hindi
51 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Music Review: Rabba Luck Barsa
Rabba Lak Barsa is a nice song with soothing music and fresh Hindi lyrics from Sameer.
- Movie Review: Raavanan - Read Amar Chitra Katha Instead
Have we become pathological remixers?
- Movie Review: Leaving Home
How does one slot Indian Ocean, the band that is the subject of this feature-length production?
- Movie Review: Ishqiya - A Cinematic Treat
Out of all the feelings people have in the world, love is easily the most unpredictable.
- Music Review: Blue
This is a Music Review of latest album Blue from the Mozart of Madras AR Rahman.
- Nawwab and I: Tu Jo Nahin Hay
Dogs do not smile, laugh or smirk
- Dr.Shah Rukh Khan Gets His Ph.D - Dilwale Doctorate Le Jayenge
The University of Bedforshire conferred an honorary PhD upon the King Khan, making him Dr.Khan
- Slumdog Takes Home The Millions And The Oscar!
A R Rahman's Oscar acceptance speech may very well be the answer to all the Slumdog haters out there.
- Bollywood's Coming Of Age
The Hindi movies I have been watching lately have the triumphs and fantasy that escapism offers and the realistic depiction of earthy stories that art
- List : The Definitive Geeta Dutt
Here is an attempt to hand-pick ten celebrated songs that can define the magic of Geeta Dutt.
- Concert Review: In Pursuit of Manna Dey, Part 1
One thing was becoming more and more apparent - for a casual music listener Manna Dey does not seem to have much of an appeal
- Movie Review: Bhoothnath & Desi Little Miss Sunshines
For Christ sakes- eight year old wearing torn leggings, skanky tube tops and minis is not okay whether in a kids movie or in adult
- Offensive Ads - The Cad Fad
It's not a crime to be a cad, but it should be.
- Baabul Moraa - The Original Inheritance of Loss
My loved ones will become strangers/ The innermost portals of my home will be unreachable
- TV Review: Idea Dhoom Macha De - Not A Bad Attempt
Most Indian Entertainment Channels are busy these days unleashing one reality show after another.
- Movie Review: Khoya Khoya Chand
In Khoya Khoya Chanda (KKC), writer-director Sudhir Mishra paints a picture of Bollywood as it was in the late 50s and 60s.Aditi Nadkarni
REVIEW | Culture: History, Culture: Films, Media: Theatre, Media: Television, Media: Music - Hindi, Media: Music - Ghazals, Media: Music - Classical (Eastern), Media: Films - Hindi, Media: Films - Bollywood, Media: Films, Media: Film - Directors, Media: Film - Actors, Culture: Desi
- Akshardham and Sonu Niigaam Symbolize Unity in Diversity
You walk in and very soon you start feeling the vibrations, and a sense of peace just embraces you.
- Movie Review: Om Shanti Om
While originality is not the film's strongest area, entertainment most definitely isAditi Nadkarni
REVIEW | Culture: Films, Culture: Desi, Media: Radio, Media: Theatre, Media: Television, Media: Music, Media: Music - Composers, Media: Music - Fusion, Media: Music - Ghazals, Media: Music - Hindi, Media: Film - Actors, Media: Film - Directors, Media: Films - Bollywood, Media: Films, Media: Video
- Movie Review: Jab We Met
Breaking the stale marriage between romance and tradition,yielding to the uninhibited friendship at the core of every lasting love affair.
- Down Melody Lane: Reconnecting with Music for the Soul through Hrishikesh Mukherjee films
It has been such a pleasure to revisit Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s life and work and do this segment on music from his films.
- Music Review: Om Shanti Om
It's not a work of unparalleled genius but it definitely has its moments
- Movie Review: Cash - Of Kabbaddi Krooks & Mindblowing Mahiyas
All actors were heavily distracted by Shamita Shetty's propped up, wonder bra strapped, Double Ds.
- A.R. Rehman - The He-Man Of Indian Music Industry
It almost seems tough to imagine an Indian Music industry without Rehman.
- Movie Review : Aap Kaa Surroor – The Real Love Story
Sadly Himesh has neither the looks nor the talent to be a 'Hero'.
- My Personal Pancham Favourites
A list of personal RD Burman favourites
- The Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007 Report Card
Not since Einstein came up with e=mc^2 has a more universal equation been coined: SRGMP – Reshammiya = 0
- The A-list of Indian Playback Singers
A list of personal favorites from the best Indian playback singers
- Generation Next: The B-list of Indian Playback Singers
The author picks his personal favorites from a list of Indian playback singers.
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2007 Challenge: Prickly Legend Gathers Little Moss
And a Himesh in shackles makes SRGMP a dull show
- Review: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007
SRGMP is different, but is it better?
- Kalyanji Anandji - Relevant Legends
Kalyanji Anandji, legendary Bollywood composers are still giving concerts & are relevant today more than ever...
- Bollywood Around The World
Working as a foreign actor in Bollywood, I discover that my job provides the ideal opportunity for travel
- A Tribute to Pandit Bhimsen Joshi on His 85th Birthday
He has set his own distinctive style to his music and relentless riyaaz has made his renditions seem smooth and effortless.
- Movie Review: Shaan - A Look Back
A big-budgeted multi-starrer starring AB himself and we are not talking about Guru either.
- RIP, OP Nayyar
He believed that he was gifted and his purpose on earth was to make the best use of his innate talents and entertain everybody.
- Music Review: I See You (Vishal-Shekhar)
I initially set out to write a straight music review ... but soon realized that was not the way to approach this little slice of
- Kabhie Kabhie - 30 Years On - Part I
The one Bollywood movie that everyone knows the songs to celebrates it's 30th anniversary this year - 'Kabhie Kabhie', a look back.
Rahman's popularity can be attributed to his alchemist's ability to take what we already know and transmute it into something rich and strange.
- “Rapaat” Song of the Year 2006
What's your favourite?
- Devika Rani - Bollywood's First Lady
This year marks the 70th anniversary of one of the landmarks of Indian cimema, Achut Kanya.
- ARR: The Urban Legend
His music is everything – slick, beautiful, sublime and timeless. Long may it resonate around the world.
- Film Review: On Watching Don
Mountains and molehills
- Concert Review: An Evening in Red Fort – When Sufi Went Phuss
Purani Dilli, Ramadan night; brightly-lit Laal Quila; Pakistani pop stars; Sufi concert; October breeze – and yet the evening backfired! What went wrong?
- Desicritics Editors' Picks - July 24- July 30,2006
Highlighting some articles that you may have missed inadvertently.
- Movie Review: Don - Remixed, Revisited and Re-Don
Don has it all and more - did it really need to be remade?
- Hrishikesh Mukherjee Passes Away
His films were a celebration of innocence informed by a middle class sensibility.
- I Am A Disco Dancer…(ta ta tara)
To say that my family was shocked - would be putting it very mildly.
- Music Review: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna
Karan Johar's brand of glycerin is soon to smash theaters near you. Will the music make or break this flick?