Culture: The Writing Life
575 articles in category
Page 1 of 20, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 [Next]
- Poetry: off pedestal
amidst all this worshiping / words crumble off the pedestal / and end like tsunami whipped bodies
- Jip, Jip
"No I don't need any hash, but ask the lady," I replied pointing to M.
- Archie Comics - Will Delhi Accept Kevin?
For 70 years, there was no homosexuality in Riverdale High School. At least nobody talked about it.
- Satire: Horrors Of An Indian Speech Writer
I certainly had some talent in writing Speeches, I must say, as today I write speeches for the who's who of the political fraternity.
- Poetry: The Wrath of Water
silence cascades from under the minarets / the walking dead, doleful and diffident wander aimlessly
- Poessay: Upset Stomach: Discordance, Disconnect and Dichotomy
when the current died the stillness could be cut with stares (and forks)
- poetry: conundrum: prem nagar ki ik aur katha ii
after wrinkles / smiles fascinate
- poetry: hello, hello?
violence is distasteful, and gory, peace is unfathomable
- poetry: tongue tied
there are times when neither nature nor nurture is helpful
- Poetry: Naivety
like me do you also marvel
- How To Write Better
Treat your final draft as a piece of rock ready to be sculpted.
- poetry: tropic of yes
the waste lands of wiggles / where yesses collides with nos
- Poetry: Head and Heart
from her, herd, hard, heart to her
- parvana chand
ish'q bhee tu, aashiq bhee tu / pyar bhee tu, pari bhee tu
- Fiction: The Morning After
Survival first is the metropolitan mantra.
- Movie Review: Raavanan - Read Amar Chitra Katha Instead
Have we become pathological remixers?
- Poetry: playing with ink
ink, kink, hink and think
- Poessay: Five Letter B Words Part II
Words express, emote, soothe, guide, communicate.
- Poessay: Five Letter B Words Part I
Older women portraying two braided youth look see star Rekha's latest picture and refrain. Same for Bo Derek wannabees.
- Nawwab and I: Booooobquake Alert
Jen McCreight is going to cause global quakes to prove Sadeghi right.
- poetry: eyjafjallajoekull
cremating the animus and the anima
- Children's Writing in India - A Catch-22 Scenario
Many writers who have faltered and failed in writing for adults meander into what they consider a rather easy genre.
- Nawwab and I: One Leg, Two Legs
We are not selfish, we are not psychos. we are not corrupt, do not hoard and are not hung up on manufactured gods
- Poetry: random ruptions
random and seguing
- Fiction: I Am Jill's Spare Tyre
The long journey from nursery to rhymes was fraught with heartless atrocities inflicted on those that built the heart in the first place.
- Alone, White, and Female in India
What's the right advice for a young white woman travelling alone in India?
- Book Review: The Tunnel at the End of Time
The Armageddon was inevitable... We needed it, and so we created it. But it is only illusion...
- Shri RamChandra Kripalu Bhajman (Prayer by Tulsidas, With Translation And Notes)
Introduction (for the initiated, for foreigners, for skeptics and for believers) Ramayana is the most important and influential epic...
- Fiction: Bitter Coffee
She preferred espresso shots but he couldn't stand their acrid taste.
- poetry: whirling
"Rhythm is the basis of life, not steady forward progress. The forces of creation, destruction, and preservation have a whirling, dynamic interaction."-Kabbalah
- From Ashes
"It’s that madness, that raw energy that used to make one want to read."
- Book Review: A Nameless Place
A novel about culture, spirituality and identity, which was inspired by my time in India.
- Nawwab and I: Turning to a Lamb
Second attempt by handlers and enablers to save their client's reputation
- Twitter Fiction: Equal Sins
“The instant generation….Instant food, instant love.”
- Fiction: The Winning Point
Vineet was an ordinary young man with one remarkable talent that came to fore only in his late teens in college. It all started with
- Hindustani and Urdu Treasures - Anachronisms or Treasures
Many cultures use proverbs to emphasize, to insert humor, to short-circuit communication, to elaborate on a subtlety, to say one thing and mean another.
- The Writer In The Artist Spectrum
Are we reclusive visual artists or are we vivacious performers?
- Poem: Walking With Wordsworth
The lands we have traversed Different and diverse, Strange and beautiful, in arrival The long walks and drama
- Book Review: The Bloodaxe Book of Contemporary Indian Poets
I highly recommend this Bloodaxe anthology for its reach and range, and for a comprehensive and erudite introduction to Indian poetry in English.
- Book Review: Sepia Leaves by Amandeep Sandhu
An insightful read into a child's mind...
- Nawwab and I: Invisible Chastity Belts
And with good marketing campaign you can sell it to both men and women.
- poetry: long live god
An overwhelming wave of insensitivity and insulation that wraps and warps our perception of suffering.
- Book Review: Adventure Capitalist by Jim Rogers
Read this book if travel is what your dreams are made of
- Bad News at My Doorstep - Surprises After a Target Shoot
No rest for the wicked! A long day at meetings and target practice - and more work when I get home!!
- Nawwab and I: Inconsequential
t: Full freezer and empty bowls. N: The eternal tussle between the haves and the have-nots
- Poessay: Rosary 35 - Alto Cumulous
stratus rushing by cheeks / mingling with tears
- Poessay: Rosary 34 - Unraveling Walls
drop by running drop / slaves' sweat survives / in rivers, seas and clouds
- Movie-Making & Story-Telling: Jail - Epic Fail!
I'm not willing to like a movie simply because it has a great concept.
- More Reports From The Sea
Golden Sunrises, Weather reports, and mailing recipes.
- poetry: song of rapture
tomorrow is another day and / i promise to be myself