276 articles in category
Page 1 of 10, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 [Next]
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam - Can Our Leaders Learn Something From Him?
Can’t a guy like A.P.J inspire these crooks to mend their ways? Or are these guys so thick skinned that they are past the point
- Poetry: The Wrath of Water
silence cascades from under the minarets / the walking dead, doleful and diffident wander aimlessly
- Indian Railways Turning Into A Death Trap
Why are our railways so accident prone?
- Movie Review: Amen
AMEN touched on internet hookups, rape, incest, child abuse, trust issues and love, in addition to homosexuality.
- A Road to Peace? Cracking the Qur'an Code
Is it possible, at this "five minutes to midnight" time we live in, to achieve peace in West Asia?
- IPL 3: Chennai Super Kings Out-class Mumbai Indians
The final over of the IPL final had an inevitability to it, both for the MI and for Lalit Modi.
- March-ing Ahead
Of all the gin joints in the world, Maqbool had to walk into a Gulf Kingdom!
- Fallen Role Models - Keeping The Value
This kind of extreme reaction serves no one - not the media, not the people.
- poetry: whirling
"Rhythm is the basis of life, not steady forward progress. The forces of creation, destruction, and preservation have a whirling, dynamic interaction."-Kabbalah
- Pakistan Fashion Week Lights Up Lahore
Lahore lights up with glamour and glitz amidst everything that is so dark.
- Nawwab and I: Turning to a Lamb
Second attempt by handlers and enablers to save their client's reputation
- Chakravyuh 2010, IMT Ghaziabad - Your World Stops Here
This year was my first time and the three days i spent there were really some of the best days of my life.
- TV Review: Colors Bingo Fails to Click
To put it baldly, Colors Bingo is the worst, most ill-conceived poorly produced product-promo show ever on television
- Concert Review: Dischordian + Gillian Grassi - Cafe Goa
The neighbors are complaining. You wouldn’t think an acoustic band could make much noise. But apparently we can.
- The Haiti Earthquake - Do Your Part for Relief
Our World, Your Move - In Haiti
- Ruchika Girhotra: Where's The Justice?
After 19 years, justice still hasn't been meted out to Ruchika Girhotra, who committed suicide after being molested and continually harassed by Rathore.
- poetry: long live god
An overwhelming wave of insensitivity and insulation that wraps and warps our perception of suffering.
- Food Review: The Geist Weber East-West Grill-off
We weren't complaining - much fun (and food) was had.
- Strand Book Exhibition Underway in Bangalore
We went in to the exhibition, promising to keep a firm hand on our wallets and resist the temptations of the printed word.
- Poessay: Rosary 35 - Alto Cumulous
stratus rushing by cheeks / mingling with tears
- Nawwab and I: Thanksgiving 2009
t: How do you deal with these blood thirsty Talibans? N: Listen to them. Treat them as jilted lovers.
- President Barack Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
Another question that lingers in my mind when I hear of the Nobel peace prize is why did Mahatma Gandhi never receive one?
- Attending Symphony Concert - Gil Shaham and Carmina Burana
A long-awaited first visit to a symphony concert was just the moment I knew I was going to cherish for a long time.
- How Good are the Preparations for the Commonwealth Games?
Tentative, no absolute words of confidence.
- Nawwab and I: September 11
It must be this day in 1906
- Apple Announces New Rocking iPods, Video Camera, And More
The best part of today's Apple iPod Event came at the very beginning.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Reddy Dies In Helicopter Crash
He leaves a mixed legacy
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Reddy Still Missing
Search operations have been on all day, but there is no official news yet of either the helicopter or the 60-year old Chief Minister.
- The Wall Project in Mumbai
This Independence day (15th and 16th of August, actually), the project asks people to paint the wall running along Tulsi Pipe Road from Mahim to
- A Tale of Two Presidents
Our politicians aided by the media will never discuss serious issues. I have given up hope about our media.
- TV Review: Rakhi Sawant's Swayamvar
NDTV Imagine's venture is a slap on the collective intelligence of the people.
- Michael Jackson's Memorial - The Last Greatest Show on Earth
The media treated the event with a mixture of solemnity and awe, unmingled with cynicism. it was morbid capitalism at its worst.
- Happy Canada Day
Of all our dreams today there is none more important - or so hard to realise - than that of peace in the world.
- Queer Pride India 2009: Celebrations in all Major Cities
Major cities in India are all set to commemorate the Stonewall riots, the event that triggered Queer rights movement all over the world.
- Why Balu Loves Bees
I must remember to do an English spell check just in case Balu or Kavya Shivashankar is peeking.
- Shiney Ahuja - Maid to Dishonor
The girl showed great courage, the police absolute initiative and the media its investigative power.
- Obama's Speech in Cairo - Reactions on the Ground
A Momentous Event that could transform the course of the History of Our World.
- Barack Obama at Notre Dame: A Touch of Class
I wish I had half his grace, wisdom, patience, empathy and sense of humor.
- US-Pakistan-Afghanistan Summit: To Disrupt, Dismantle, and Defeat Al Qaeda
Whoever has a better idea would win the battle.
- MTV Roadies Hell Down Under: And The Winner Is...
The wrap-up was rather quick, with little of the emo drama one has come to expect from the vote-outs each week.
- Poetry: cascading chandni
these crimson rivers / could be profound /instead they confound
- Oscars 2009: Slumdog Tops The Grade
Much of this allure is deliberately cultivated, of course, and given the large number of film awards events, one wonders why the Oscars should particularly
- Celebrating Love - The Desicritics Valentine's Day Contest Winners
What I found most surprising was this strong animosity toward Valentine's Day written about or felt by the authors.
- Poessay: Rosary 25 – pink flamingos, yellow roses, dark clouds
moonlight cascades / through the fiery clouds / the benevolent fury / made in the first world / for the third
- Book Review: Down Memory Lane by Ravi Govender
An unforgettable narration of the Indian community’s resistance to alien laws, their sacrifices and finally their victory over all odds.
- The Desicritics Valentine's Day Contest - Celebrating Love
We will celebrate love in all its shades.
- Barkha Dutt And NDTV, The Joke Is On You!
So Chyetanya Kunte is the latest victim of media intimidation. I'm not going to rehash the same excellent...
- Rambling Reflections on a Presidential Inauguration
Change? I don't have any.
- A Love For Shoes: This Has Nothing to Do With Iraq and Yet...
The scar above my left eyebrow, comes in handy when government directives ask one to mention scars on official applications.
- Mumbai Terror: Basic Security Issues
Are these not just some of the points that are part of the over-simplified and hence underestimated internal security concerns?
- Disjointed Questions on the Bombay Blasts and Its Aftermath
Questions and musings in my mind over the past 48 hours.Kim
OPINION | Media: Events, Media: Citizen Media, Culture: Urban, Culture: Society, Culture: Personal History, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Culture: Bureaucracy, Media: Journalism, Media: News, Media: Television, Politics: World, Politics: War on Terror, Politics: War, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Peace, Politics: Laws, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, BizTech: Management
- Attacks on Churches and Christians in India - Violence in Mangalore
Why are atrocities against Christians being downplayed in the media?Kim
NEWS | Media: Journalism, Media: Events, Media: Citizen Media, Culture: Urban, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Religion, Culture: Crime, Culture: City Life, Media: News, Media: Newspapers, Politics: Religion, Politics: Peace, Politics: Laws, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Elections, Politics: Corruption, Media: Television, Culture: Bureaucracy
- Queer Azadi - Mumbai's Rainbow March - August 16th, 2008
Bombay is DIFFERENT!
- The Bandra Skywalk - Skywalking to Stay Fit and Healthy
There is no substitute to walking as one of the best antidote to stay fit and healthy
- Play Review: Lucknow 76
The plot of the play was based on politics and history, shifting between two time frames of 1876 and 1976.
- Taking Stock of The IPL Effect
The success of the IPL can be gauged by how much the IPL had become a part of our daily life!
- Jinnah, Advani And Jinnah
There is peace in the pursuit of peace.
- Barkha Dutt & The IPL Cheerleaders
Dear Barkha, Your article was totally in bad taste.