85 articles in category
Page 1 of 3, Go to page: 1, 2, 3 [Next]
- Modi Vis-a-Vis MEA
At last the dust has settled, of course after some tough talks by our MEA officials to their counter parts...
- Happy Canada Day
Of all our dreams today there is none more important - or so hard to realise - than that of peace in the world.
- Tamil Camps, Kanishka Cover Up, Ballistic Turbans
How many more cover ups will emerge on the worst terror attack on Canadians?
- What Goes for the Terrorist Goose Doesn't Go For the Terrorist Gander
At Uncle Sam's place, why do supporters of some terrorist groups get away scot free?
- CUPE Canada is Anti Peace and Pro-Hate
The crisis is geographical, religious and historical that most of them are biased towards their side, making it difficult.
- The Crisis in Sri Lanka: Canada's Role
Do we have an appetite to see the world beyond Iraq and Afghanistan? If so, this could be Canada's moment.
- My Two Cents to Jason Kenney, Canadian Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism
Don't just look for students with deep pockets, but those with deep knowledge.
- Sri Lanka-LTTE War: The Shifting Semantics of a Political Solution
More analysts are now making note that an Independant Tamil Eelam is now a political solution where as United Sri Lanka has become a military
- India to Canada: Bring Dollars Not Guns
Turning a blind eye to violent movement for political gains is against the fundamental values of Canada.
- Is Omar Khadr A Child Soldier Or A Peace Lover?
Is he still a terrorist at heart or has he transformed to be a peace lover?
- Is It Time to Review Bilingualism in Canada
How many Canadians can speak their mother tongue, forget read and write?
- Minorities and Poverty
Public policy should not be driven by blunt instruments such as skin colour.
- Dalton Mcguinty Makes History in Ontario Elections
A decent, low profile politician makes history
- Canadian Politics: Alleged Terrorists Released From Jail
Two men who had been held (without charges) for years were both released in the last two days
- Canadian Politics: Vimy Ridge To Afghanistan: The Lie Remains The Same
It's heartbreaking that young men and women continue to be sent off to die for causes that don't exist
- Canadian Politics: Torture In Afghanistan
If our government, or our soldiers are taking part in torture, then none of our hands are clean.
- I Was A Twenty-Something Security Risk
Confessions of a twenty-something security threat.
- India And Canada: Polling Well
India is that brilliant underachieving student who has just been gliding by without much effort
- Canadian Politics: Nine Year Old Canadian Detained In Texas
"I'm only sticking to the rules" is not that far from "I was only following orders"
- A Third Canada?
Every time I hear the words "English Canada" and "French Canada", I wonder about the Canada I live in. Let us call it the
- Canadian Politics: More Anti-Terrorist Legislation In Trouble
These type of special powers should not just be renewed for the sake of scoring a few political points
- Canadian Anti-Terror Law Not Struck Down, Only Fair Trial Demanded
The Supreme Court of Canada...reinforced the right of every person in our society to have representation during legal proceedings against them
- Canadian Politics: Supreme Court Strikes Down Security Law That Denied Individual Rights
A first step in restoring many of the individual freedoms that governments have chosen to ignore in their haste to be impressive with security.
- Canadian Politics: Prime Minister Steven Harper - How Low Will He Go?
How low does Steven Harper plan on going to hold onto that power and that office?
- Canadian Politics: Election Winds Blowing
...very funny how a political party so unwilling to fight an election, is as prepared to fight one as the Conservative Party
- Canadian Politics: Green Games
The real losers in this game are going to be all of us.
- Canadian Politics: Foreign Aid Comes To Canada
How to help people who have had their will to live gradually sapped out of them, generation after generation?
- Twenty Minutes of Water Was All I Could Take - It's Pretentious
... what purpose did exposing, in the raw, the unjustified treatment of widows in Varanasi serve, other than exposing for the sake of an expose?
- Canadian Politics: Recess Is Over
Stephen and the boys don't play well with others and have problems with sharing.
- Canadian Politics: The Dark Side Of Quebec Nationalism
...the concept of equality has been lost and been replaced with the notion of separate and better.
- India and China: Were They Ever Equal?
India and China are often talked in the same breath. How equal were they in history?
- Canadian Politics: 2006 Was Preperation For 2007
Who says politics and soap operas have nothing in common? They both always leave you hanging.
- Mohawk Land Claims Ignored Again
If you buy stolen propertywhat kind of compensation do you usually get?
- Canadian Politics: Fallout From Inquiry Into Torture Victim Maher Arar Continues
Otherwise there always will remain the chance of what happened to Mr. Arar happening to you and me.
- Canadian Politics: The Past, Present, And Future Of Native Rights
Who knows we may even end up equal partners in the country.
- Canadian Politics: Stephane Dion Elected New Leader Of The Liberal Party Of Canada
Stephane Dion could very well be the man to lead the Liberals back to power.
- Refugees From Iraq
Paying attention may not necessarily save people's lives, but the chances are better then if we ignore them
- Canadian Politics: The Split Personality Of The Liberal Party Of Canada
Sometimes dealing with the Liberal Party of Canada is like dealing with a creature with two brains.
- Canadian Politics: What Are The Conservatives Conserving?
The Conservative Party of Canada exists to conserve itself and what it believes in.
- Canadian Politics: Conservatives Sing The Same Old Song - Election Coming?
The Conservatives will play to everyone's baser instinct of more money in their pockets.
- Quebec Past And Present - La Plus Que Change...
Espousing support of Quebec as a distinct society has always been a favoured ploy because it sounds substantial without having any real meaning.
- Canadian Politics: Don't Worry About Them, Nobody Else Does
...my chauvinism says that it's a sign of our good quality that people don't need to read about us.
- Canadian Politics: Defence Of Religion Bill Equals Hate Mongering
Steven Harper and the Conservative Party of Canada are hate mongers.
- Canadian Politics: Afghanistan, What Were We Fighting About Again?
It would be ironic if the war everybody else seems to have forgotten about brings down a government in Canada.
- Canadian Politics: Steven Harper: George Bush's Dummy
George Bush is pulling the strings that make Steven Harper dance.
- Canadian Politics: Unanswered Questions About Maher Arar
...another dirty little stain on Canada's supposed lily-white hands that will never wash off.
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord Part Seven
It looked like my time on this case was running out fast no matter what I wanted
- Canadian Politics: Fishing And A Question Of Politics
It makes me wonder what kind of country he (Stephen Harper) is trying to create; and for who?
- Canadian Politics: Canada For Sale, First Come First Served
we are dependant on a Government who will care about the future of Canada. This one doesn't.
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord. Part Six
More and more I'm convinced that I would never be cut out for bondage. I just don't like mixing work with pleasure that much.
- Canada Under Fire In Afghanistan By Americans
...shooting allies is detrimental to the war effort.
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord Part Five
I can only assume that I fell like a ton of bricks because that's what you normally do under the circumstances.
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord Part Four
My father's dead Steve,...it has something to do with the Kyoto accord and the Canadian government.
- Canadian Politics: Why An AIDS Conference?
What will it take for these people to notice that millions of people have died?
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord Part 3
...why were the feds so keen to keep the information about the Kyoto accord quiet?
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Disappearing Kyoto Accord Part 2
It looked like this missing Kyoto accord case was really starting to heat up...
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Vanishing Kyoto Accord
...the climate will continue to change and we'll be living in a desert but worse.
- Canadian Politics: The Lie That Is Afghanistan
Afghanistan is not worth dying for and anyone saying otherwise is lying.
- Canadian Politics: The Scent Of An Election
Ottawa's smelly enough in the summer without the stink of a forthcoming election choking me.
- NAFTA: The Environment And You!
The environmental business of our businesses is nobody's business but ours