1672 articles in category
Page 2 of 56, Go to page: [Previous] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [Next]
- Proud To Be Unpatriotic
If a bad policy is harming the nation then it could be said that criticising the government is the most patriotic thing in the world.
- Independence Day - Just Another 24 Hours
Are we valuing our independence? For that matter, did we ever value it to begin with?
- Saza-e-Kalapani - Can We Bring Back The Andaman Experience?
Are we trying to pay homage to all those who suffered for our better tomorrow or are we just revisiting the horror without thinking much
- Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
The film conforms to the genre, being simultaneously a 70s-style crime thriller and a chronicle of an inflating hypercity.
- Why We Will Never Let Kashmir Go
India is the young Gir lion, roaring its might to the world, its end nowhere in sight.
- A Tale of Two Men
Why is Amit Shah being referred to as ‘Modi’s Man’ while Sajjan Kumar has never been honored as ‘Rajiv’s Man’?
- Indian Railways Turning Into A Death Trap
Why are our railways so accident prone?
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Which Bandh Was it - Bharat, India Or Hindustan?
Keeping aside the name of the Bandh or the minor suffering I had to go through, I do have my own set of perceptions for
More than 77% of our country's population lives on less than 20 Rs per day. This is not any...
- The Bhopal Gas Tragedy - All The Political Discussions
Or will it all die down when some other news takes it place ?
- Security Is A Comedy In India
The death of 140 odd passengers of a Mumbai bound train early Friday made us revisit the question all over...
- Modi Vis-a-Vis MEA
At last the dust has settled, of course after some tough talks by our MEA officials to their counter parts...
- Gujarat Experiment
Gujarat continues to experiment; it experimented in dairy sector, labour force and freebies. Now it has embarked on an experiment in voting.
- Err India: The National Crasher
I know it is really tough to be a patriot, but I am not definitely not going to take this tough route to be one
- Mr. Prime Minister, You've Disappointed Us Again
Torture or no torture, the whole media briefing needs to be forgotten in a hurry
- Satire: Meeting Your Maker Made Easy
India offers a unique blend of traditional and modern ways of making this trip, aided in part by our friendly neighbours.
- Salutations to Comrade Jyoti Basu - An Intergenerational Tribute
How many Chief Ministers in India in the future will be appreciative of the very subtle and abstract humour of PG Wodehouse?
- A Killing That Would Be Most Foul
The matter of Afzal Guru's death sentence is back in the news with Shiela Dixit...
- As Are The Subjects, So is the King
A ruler need not fear non-participative public
- Ajmal Kasab And Faisal Shahzad - Double Faults
Why would an educated man with a good job and a family plant a car bomb in Times Square?
- A Developing Turdistan?
India is possibly the only country in the world where humans bare their bums in reasonably full public view
- Unique Identification Number: The Politics of Privacy and Information
The new power is not money in the hands of the few, but information in the hands of the government.
- Delhi - Waiting for the Commonwealth Games
At least the construction will come to an end for the time being
- Clueless in Kochi
Tharoor's inexhaustible capacity for self-destruction notwithstanding, sacking him was a mistake
- When The Right is Wronged
When people who matter do not vote, polled votes do not matter either.
- BCCI - Cricket's Holy Cow
I wonder why no one is questioning why politicians are "regulating" cricket in India.
- Demolishing Homes in Delhi
The State is systematically disenfranchising the weakest sections of the society
- Tharoor, Sania, IPL, and Other National Distractions
People in public office should focus their attention on matters of public concern rather than being a constant distraction, twittering their foibles or phoning them
- Religion - A Powerful Weapon To Tackle Maoists
When the tribal people suffer due to ignorance, the Government suffers due to its prejudice.
- 76 Jawan Shahid
"76 jawan shahid" was what the headline of one of the local newspaper screamed and everything else was the same in this part of Chhattisgarh.
- Nobody Cares About The Tribals or Our Jawans
Let us move to Reconstruction and circumvent the Civil War.
- Idli, Sambhar and Chicken 498a
Order VAWA, made of Idli RAWA and get a complimentary Green Curd.
- Karakorum Highway and the Indian Option
China can be offered access to the ports of Mumbai and Kolkata through the Nathu La pass.
- Where Is Bharat?
The year was 2020. The Twenty-Twenty India Cup final was in progress.
- Will the Higher Education Bill Help The Education Sector?
Given these constraints, a lot of critics have rightly pointed out that only the B and C grade universities from the western world will be
- Hopeless Congress & Hapless Amitabh
I can understand the hopelessness of the Congress leaders, having failed in 3 consecutive elections to wrest power from Narendra Modi in Gujarat.
- Khap Panchayat Leader and Others Convicted of Honour Killing
What role does the police and the administration have to play in all this?
- Mamta Banerjee Facing Dissent Within Her Own Party
One of her more popular MP's, Kabir Suman, is turning out to be more maverick than Mamta
- The New Great Game in Afghanistan
After the two superpowers fighting their turf battles in Afghanistan, it is now the turn of two regional powers India and Pakistan to do the
- Amar Singh, Amitabh Bachchan and the Worli Sea Link Controversy
The Congress has revealed its farcical image by condemning Big B, by its petty mind games.
- Revolutionary Rehabilitation: Marry Your Rapist
Chief Justice of India, K G Balakrishna’s recent remark showed that the element of ridiculousness is alive and well even outside a lame movie script.
- Pakistan's Audacity Of Hope
Pakistan is at the top of its game right now. And the US can neither chew nor spit it at this time.
- A Gathering Storm - How the UID Project Will Tranform India Into a Police State
Various initiatives within the government are converging to transform India into a classic police state.
- Women's Reservations - The Ground Reality
In parliament, it’s about India; not a few villages.
- Tarbela Dam & Karkoram Highway Threatened in Pakistan
The question that should be boggling every Indian’s mind is how can India help?
- Fallen Role Models - Keeping The Value
This kind of extreme reaction serves no one - not the media, not the people.
- Counterpoint: Why Women's Reservation is a (Unreservedly) Good Idea
Women's reservation has been a long-time coming. This bill may not be the best or only solution to empowering women. But let not the perfect
- The Women's Reservation Bill And Empowerment
Is there a need for reservations? Is it going to make any significant impact?
- For The Love of Hussain
The MF Hussain bundle of sex,paints and goddess was once again in news as the 95 years old Maharastra born Indian Picasso was granted Qatari
- Women’s Reservation Bill: Lottery System to Replace Democracy in India
30% of male MPs of Congress, BJP and CPM resigning for a women only bi-election?!!
- Poetry: Maqbool Fida Hussain - A Qatari Citizen
a nation stayed speechless / a ninety-six years old / became a foreigner / to himself.