Politics: South Asia
411 articles in category
Page 1 of 14, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 [Next]
- Liberal Indians, Stand Up
Itís time to stand up for our convictions, for our liberal values.
- Salman Khan's Experiments With Intellectualism
Sallu-mian has learned his lesson, which I think he wonít forget in a hurry. But a larger lesson is to be learned by a whole
- Water-Borne Misery: Pakistan in Peril
The country of Pakistan has experienced a tragic flood that has left it unable to function well as a nation.
- Why We Will Never Let Kashmir Go
India is the young Gir lion, roaring its might to the world, its end nowhere in sight.
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Delusional in Afghanistan
The quagmire in Afghanistan, deepened by the decision to commit 30,000 more soldiers by President Obama is anything but farce.
- The Hanzakuts of The Lost Horizon - Imminent Catastrophe
A catastrophe that occurs once in a hundred years is imminent in the next 20 days.
- Karakorum Highway and the Indian Option
China can be offered access to the ports of Mumbai and Kolkata through the Nathu La pass.
- The New Great Game in Afghanistan
After the two superpowers fighting their turf battles in Afghanistan, it is now the turn of two regional powers India and Pakistan to do the
- Tarbela Dam & Karkoram Highway Threatened in Pakistan
The question that should be boggling every Indianís mind is how can India help?
- India and Pakistan - Future Scenarios
Can such an eventuality occur in the Indian Subcontinent?
- The Changing Geopolitics of South Asia
It looks like Deja vu all over again.
- Why is India Still Talking to Pakistan
Why has India suddenly decided to resume the dialogue and what can you expect from it?
- Drones for Pakistan - a Potential Game Changer
What is all the more striking about this is that being unmanned, these are actually controlled by operators who could be sitting anywhere in the
- Exchange Ajmal Kasab for Sarabjit Singh
Does it make sense to pardon a criminal to save another life?
- Contempt of Court and the Pakistan Army
In a country where every one including the top brass of the army and the opposition parties are tainted, a clean sweep will produce a
- The State of the Indian Union
If we have smaller states, we will begin to tackle the issue of decision isolation.
- 2010-11: Crucial Period for South Asia
Mr. Obama's Afghanistan plan has Pakistan as its weakest link which is likely to make the whole region insecure
- Poem: 1947 to 2009
All gone, from Jinnah to our present The country we fought so hard Now lies bare, in its awake, Who is to be blamed?
- Cultural Translators: A Step Toward Waging Peace
When more army generals have cultural translators at their sides perhaps there will be hope for waging peace.
- Baluchistan - The Forgotten Cause
Indian media reports about the Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipe line through Baluchistan have glossed over the atrocities being committed there.
- Pakistanís Woes Deepen
A concatenation of unpleasant events seems to be engulfing Pakistan.
- Mumbai, I Bequeath My Death
I bequeath my death to many a death Many a hurt And the sky that bled
- Desi Sensibilities Kurbaan-ed
Indian cinema can help citizens of this planet to reflect on these issues with compassion and logic.
- Bomb Blasts in Peshawar as Hillary Clinton Visits Pakistan
These demons of their own design, as it were, have metastasized beyond recognition.
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- The Afghanistan Conundrum
Gen. Stanley McChrystal (military commander of the US forces in Afghanistan) is reported to be seeking a troop increase of...
- The Shadow of the Great Game: Partition of India & British Strategic Interests
Lacking the effervescence of bubbly champagne his book can be best described as a vapid rethreading of other people's books.
- Jaswant, Jinnah Jam
Jaswant Singh "gets expelled for writing a book, and Varun stays put, for spewing venom!"
- Book Review: Delhi, A Novel by Khushwant Singh
"Kaun jaaye Zauq par, Dilli ki Galiyan chhod kar"
- Nawwab and I: Have You Adopted a Terrorist Lately?
You will learn what led to Kasab's confession
- Hang Kasab
Kasab is what evil is all about and there is only one way to deal with evil - respond with righteous fury and just sentence.
- Why India Should Not Hang Ajmal Kasab
We will not allow Kasab to turn into a martyr! We will allow him time and the opportunity to change his ideology and reform, as
- The Mystery Behind Balochistan
History of the Baloch struggle and what does its inclusion in the joint statement mean.
- Virtually Real - How Life Imitates Art
Mistaking reality for fantasy can be dangerously explosive
- The Most Good-Looking Man in the World & E-mail Forwards
My eyes saw, but they did not believe. but, as the Oracle says "Believe". Why take my word for it?
- Banning The Burqa - Not a Solution, But A Start
Muslims (mostly men) around the world have been incensed with the French president's stance.
- Nandan Nilekani to Become Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India
He is one of the few leaders in contemporary corporate India with a grasp on a wide range of issues tackled by present day India.
- Indian Government Bans Maoists as Terrorist Organization
The Naxal/Maoist menace has plagued a large swathe of central India for a long while.
- Organic Social Development
We must serve society in harmony with our own nature and the nature outside us
- India - The Weak State?
Is India really as weak a state as is often portrayed in the media?
- Is The Demand For Eelam Valid? A Response to Tamilnet's Question
Just as the ends don't justify the means, the means also don't justify the ends.
- Should the Nepalese Government honour Joanna Lumley?
It is ridiculous to expect the Nepalese government to honour Lumley, though she has done the Gurkhas a great service
- India's Nepal Policy Needs an Urgent Course Correction
India doesn't seem to care whether democracy and parliamentary supremacy are established in Nepal
- Sri Lankan Tamils
Sri Lanka should create an environment where Tamils regain their identity, their pride, and their culture.
- Sri Lanka: An Opportunity for Love
An obscene display of celebration will only rub into the wounds of the Tamil people
- Velupillai Prabhakaran Dead?
With Prabhakaran dead, there is a very good chance of peace returning to Sri Lanka .
- India Elections, Burma Failure, Sri Lanka Conflict Mismanagement
What has this world come to, that the UK and the US have to go on their knees to beg Sri Lanka to stop their
- Euthanasia: Swat, Dir and Buner
Is it time for the Durand line to dissolve?
- Tamil Camps, Kanishka Cover Up, Ballistic Turbans
How many more cover ups will emerge on the worst terror attack on Canadians?