2115 articles in category
Page 1 of 71, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 [Next]
- Sarkari Babus & Beyond Their Fat Ass
The Sarkari Babus could be the most confused lot in India at present. They donít know what are their jobs and responsibilities
- Incredible India, Indeed!
I hope we will change and change for good. I hope we will treat our fellow citizens as humans, irrespective of their wallet size.
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam - Can Our Leaders Learn Something From Him?
Canít a guy like A.P.J inspire these crooks to mend their ways? Or are these guys so thick skinned that they are past the point
- Allahabad High Court Delivers Split Verdict on Ayodhya
Public reaction seemed mostly disinterested, despite the ardent efforts of the media to play up the event as if it were the second Partition.
- In Defence of Secularism
Secularism supports the individual against the pressure of the group and the individual conscience against the dogma of the group.
- To Hell With The Games, Let's Set Our Basics Right!
The CWG just projected us Indians in terms of the un-imaginable corruption levels on the world platform.
- Photography Times: Indian Idols - Live in Concert
The Indian Idol 5 winner, runner-up and finalist in a live concert.
- Things I Hate About India: Part II
Nobody knows better than Viswanathan Anand, how big a pain in the butt our red tapes and protocols are.
- Liberal Indians, Stand Up
Itís time to stand up for our convictions, for our liberal values.
- What Do You Believe?
Self awareness leads to self confidence and when you know your self life automatically becomes more meaningful.
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- Where Are The Feel Good Female Magazines?
We crave good political commentary or maybe we just want to see Rahul Gandhi or Omar Abdullah centerfolds wearing nothing more than their legendary pouts.
- Ayodhya Verdict: Will Hindus Get Justice On September 24th?
A democratically elected government canít and shouldnít be on its knees and request its citizens to maintain harmony post a court verdict.
- Things I Hate About India: Part I
If you are still reading this article, then you are lucky enough to be at a place where there are less power cuts.
- Why Are We So Pathetic As A Sporting Nation?
We were pathetic as a sporting nation when we were kids and would remain so even when our great-grandchildren would be doing their graduation.
- Salman Khan's Experiments With Intellectualism
Sallu-mian has learned his lesson, which I think he wonít forget in a hurry. But a larger lesson is to be learned by a whole
- In Step or Out?
They are different as night and day in everything else, but in this one attitude they could be Siamese twins.
- Delhi Belly For Beginners
Last night I dreamt that Delhi got a new bookstore in Mahipalpur!
- Supplying Our Backsides
In India the whole system seems to work on a simple philosophy Ė a lot should go into the system with too little coming out
- Archie Comics - Will Delhi Accept Kevin?
For 70 years, there was no homosexuality in Riverdale High School. At least nobody talked about it.
- Are You In Touch With Your Self?
I think, its time you, the reader -man or woman- find that ME-TIME, for yourself, ie., your own personal space and your time for yourself.
- Water-Borne Misery: Pakistan in Peril
The country of Pakistan has experienced a tragic flood that has left it unable to function well as a nation.
- Rahul Gandhi Takes a Left Turn
What is curious and perhaps dangerous for India, is the garb that Mr. Gandhi decided to wear as the protector of the poor.
- Issues With The UID Project (Aadhaar)
Undemocratic process for project initiation and development; civil liberties; benefits and efficiency; technology; and Costs and Finance
- Do We Respect Our Icons?
I apologize to Vishy for this behaviour. The hell with these jokers, when you know there are a billion plus people who adore and love
- Do Politicians Deserve Pay Hikes?
I know these are very uncomfortable questions. But I expect no politician, however astute he may be should duck these questions and move on.
- The Value Of Life In India
Have we become so unsympathetic towards human lives?
- Krishna's Temple of Shame
I did not have any regrets of not visiting the sanctum sanctorum, since the very purpose was defeated by such double standards.
- Proud To Be Unpatriotic
If a bad policy is harming the nation then it could be said that criticising the government is the most patriotic thing in the world.
- Graphic Novel Review: Level 10 Studios' Comic Jump
The artwork is sumptuous and visually rich, not quite manga, yet the action-sequences owe a lot to the typical shonen manga series.
- Independence Day - Just Another 24 Hours
Are we valuing our independence? For that matter, did we ever value it to begin with?
- Movie Review: Peepli [Live] - Our Apathy Exposed
We, the privileged ones being entertained by an exceptionally talented cast of theatre actors on screen are to blame, too.
- What Really Matters
A few of my Desi roommates, friends and I were arguing over the hypocrisy of Desis living abroad.
- The Great Indian Drive
Driving in India is like the theory of Karma Ė do your best and leave the rest to your insurance company.
- Saza-e-Kalapani - Can We Bring Back The Andaman Experience?
Are we trying to pay homage to all those who suffered for our better tomorrow or are we just revisiting the horror without thinking much
- Eat, Pray And Shit The Indian Way
We live in times of quiet desperation and yet find reasons to laugh. That's what India is all about.
- A Culture of Obligations
Iíve become increasingly impatient with, and resentful of, anything that has a whiff of an obligation to it.
- Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
The film conforms to the genre, being simultaneously a 70s-style crime thriller and a chronicle of an inflating hypercity.
- The Religion of Humanity
When a child wails, do you hear Ram, or Allah, or Jesus?
- I Am My Own Woman
Two years later we made our first trip back as a married couple.
- The Floating Generation - Picking Pieces of our Scattered Life
Can we really feel at home even if we are back?
- On the Ban on Shivaji: Hindu king in Islamic India
Profanity & the Intellectual Fools! Nothing but the truth, the whole truth!
- Book Review: The Beast With Nine Billion Feet - Anil Menon
The Beast is a hugely readable book crammed with ideas and in a very recognizable milieu as it is set in India.
- Theatre Review: Dancing on Glass - a Poignant Play
One of the finest dark comedies I have seen, nay experienced.
- Has Shivaji Finally Lost To His Followers?
For once, let Shivaji be at peace in his grave and build a nation which he has envisioned years back
- poetry: tongue tied
there are times when neither nature nor nurture is helpful
- Indians Are The Best Multi-Taskers
Just add multi tasking as an event and then see the Gold Rush.
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Book Review: Chai, Chai - A Travelogue by Bishwanath Ghosh
Chai, Chai is an engaging read, easy on the eye but we are still waiting for the first great Indian travel book
- Indian Railways: The World's Largest Loo Network
Why can't we be little sophisticated, if not sober is all what I think whenever I travel by Indian Railways....
- Which Bandh Was it - Bharat, India Or Hindustan?
Keeping aside the name of the Bandh or the minor suffering I had to go through, I do have my own set of perceptions for
- Falling in Love
I wanted her to see how one could fall in love.
- That Bitter Sweet Feeling
Not my home, but lot of memories there
- An Evening With Aurangzeb
What drives us to be so judgemental and conclusive without knowing the facts?