12 articles in category
- Satire: Commonwealth Games Bulletin
The day ended with Gauri the Cow, India’s answer to Paul the Octopus predicting that India will top the medals tally in these games.
- In a Land of a Billion
The ultimate "winner" is one who knows his skill is matched with strategy
- Photo Essay: Sunfeast World 10K Run
To be a part of the Sunfeast World 10K run, this is an international annual event, and was organized in India for the first time.
- Santhi Soundarajan: Sport, Gender and Suicide in India
She didn’t step off that ledge; she was pushed off it. And everybody looked the other way
- Have You Heard of The National Games?
A good beginning would be to revamp Doordarshan and ensure it is as competent and as highly watched as ESPN
- The 15th Asian Games, Doha, 2006
The world's second largest sport event in one of the globe's smallest countries, starts on the 1st of December.
- Budhia Singh: India Revels In A Four Year Old Marathoner
While a four year old Budhia Singh runs as the youngest marathoner the human rights groups call it child abuse.
- Commonwealth Games: Reminders of the North East
If we look at our contingent of athletes to any international sporting event, one generally sees a lot of faces from the North East.
- The Obligatory Commonwealth Games Post
Do we need the Commonwealth (Games)?
- The Plight Of The Woman Sportsperson
There are far more barriers a woman has to overcome than just those in the sporting arena.
- The Winter Olympics: Send The Pros Home
I'd rather see a bunch of amateurs try their best and lose, than so – called professionals achieve the same results and steal the spotlight.
If you care for sports, or hate the very idea of physical exercise, express yourself in this open comments space