584 articles in category
Page 1 of 20, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 [Next]
- Movie Review: Peepli [Live]
The movie is a slapstick drama set in a sleepy village called Peepli where Natha, a destitute farmer who is about to lose his land
- Movie Review: Aisha
Aisha is a joy to watch on a select few occasions, a pain on most others and absolutely cringe-worthy at some of the most crucial
- Movie Review: Tere Bin Laden
While it is only slightly offensive to our neighbours, Uncle Sam is sure to feel the full force of the punches it is on the
- Movie Review: Udaan
It could have just as easily been any other small town of our country that can boast of being industrialized.
- Movie Review: Inception
Christopher Nolan's body of work thus far, if you think about it, has much in common with that legendary Indian maze.
- Movie Review: Red Alert - The War Within
Both sides of the coin are what we don't get to see
- Movie Review: Amen
AMEN touched on internet hookups, rape, incest, child abuse, trust issues and love, in addition to homosexuality.
- The Feminist Hangover
Whoís going to rescue the world now that Superwoman has ousted Superman and killed the collaboration?
- Movie Review: Raavan
A sensuous overload of water everywhere, but not a drop to relish
- Movie Review: Raavanan - Read Amar Chitra Katha Instead
Have we become pathological remixers?
- The Green Mile Was Not An Illusion
I felt a little easier about parting with a little piece of my heart, my Illusions, after that. The book that he gave me was
- Movie Review: Leaving Home
How does one slot Indian Ocean, the band that is the subject of this feature-length production?
- Movie Review: LSD: Love, Sex Aur Dhokha
Don't take your girl out for this one, unless you're looking to give her an excuse to dump you - but if your relationship survives
- Movie Review: Dharm - Unfairly Snubbed
This film is not about the chaos that hatred leads us into but of the humanity that pulls us out of it, unscathed.
- Movie Review: Nishikanth Kamath's Dombivali Fast
Dombivali Fast is not just an engrossing film, it is a mirror for the lives most of us have led in India.
- Shiv Sena vs An Actor
An analysis of the time Shiv Sena went head to head against reason and lost.
- Five Films We Did Not Talk About In The Last Decade
5 films of the decade overlooked by the mass and the critics alike.
- Movie Review: Harischandrachi Factory
Almost a century ago, one man showed dreams on the silver screen to the Indian people.
- Movie Review: Avatar - A Movie for the Theater Audience
I was in Pandora and I did not want to leave.
- Movie Review: Road To Sangam - Best Gandhi Film I have seen
I went to watch Road to Sangam only knowing that it was a film with a connection with Gandhi and had won some awards.
- Movie Review: Tingya - A Little Boy and his Bullock
The story is of a little boy, Tingya, who loves his bullock.
- Movie Review: Natarang -The Choices And The Passion
Itís all about choices one makes and the passion in oneís heart.
- The Day The Sur Died
This was nothing but a bunch of actors being taken to a bunch of scenic spots, and asked to smile at the camera.
- Movie Review: 3 Idiots
A marriage between RDB and LRM: While comparisons are both inevitable as well as immaterial this is that big fat wedding.
- Movie Review: Paa - The Self-Absorbedness Of Bachchanalia
If the story wasn't supposed to be about the disease itself, then why bring it in?
- Movie Review: Avatar
CGI technology takes on a new 'Avatar'.
- The Best Movies of the Noughties, 2000-2009
This decade has been truly a decade of popular culture as much as it has been a decade of change
- Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes - Live Streaming of World Premiere
The Master has nothing to fear from pesky pirates, having faced down the Napoleon of Crime and much more.
- Bolly Saga: The Case Of The Missing Brain
You donít have to be remotely connected to medicine to appreciate that youíre being taken for a ride here.
- Movie Review: Paa
While it isn't exactly a gem, it has just about enough going for it.
- Movie Review: Kurbaan
If you like your films to be formulaic, go for this because you'll find this gritty and what not, and in all probability will love
- Movie Review: Michael Jackson's This is It
Is this it?
- Movie-Making & Story-Telling: Jail - Epic Fail!
I'm not willing to like a movie simply because it has a great concept.
- Movie Review: Aladin
To sum it up, it is a squandered opportunity.
- Movie Review: Wake Up, Sid
There's something about Wake Up, Sid which makes it seem like a recipe. No, not for disaster.
- Movie Review: District 9
Thus begins a relationship - functional and detached for most part, but evolving into much more, but not in a very palpable, you-love-me-I-love-you way.
- Phone, A Friend?
Nature's way of telling the doubters to suck it.
- Film Theory in Pakistan: Recognizing the Need for Theory
There are parts of the world where writing meaningfully about films has generally been deemed as a subversive indiscretion.
- Movie Review: Inglourious Basterds
The film is simultaneously escapist and taut with tension, social commentary. and victims-turned-aggressors.
- Movie Review: New York
What was more interesting was that the underlying message, the underlying viewpoint on terrorism was not hammered into you.
- 30 Second Summary - August '09 Edition
Like all good things, except chocolates and ice cream, our movie summaries come in small, (non-digital) bite-sized packets.
- Going to the Pictures
More than social, the cinema-going experience is closer to the communal.
- Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The darker themes and snogging find equal time, at the expense of other subplots and a tamer climax.
- Dr.Shah Rukh Khan Gets His Ph.D - Dilwale Doctorate Le Jayenge
The University of Bedforshire conferred an honorary PhD upon the King Khan, making him Dr.Khan
- Khuda kay Liye and Ramchand Pakistani: A Comparison
Past efforts to revive Pakistani cinema had been made in the previous decade but failed miserably to cut the mark.
- A Postmodern Wedding
Occasionally our cultural climate doles out opportunities to compensate for the cinematic inadequacy of our lives.
- Muslim Social Gandasa in Pushto: Pakistani Film Genres
Looking right next door at Bollywood, classifying genres can be a bit problematic.
- Movie Review: Bolt - Animals Are People Too
The story had a chance to go the "Babe in the city" way with a smirking look at the mistakes of the uninitiated in the
- Movie Review: Zibahkhana - Of Zombies and Baby
The greatest strength of Zibahkhana is that it follows an oft-used template for a genre-zombie horror film and then scrupulously molds it in an indigenous
- Movie Review: Waitress
She looked oh-so-sad like someone who's just a few $ away from being really poor, and isn't in a very happy state vis-a-vis their life.
- Movie Review: The Hangover - Don't You Dare Miss It!
I don't seem to remember when I last enjoyed any movie so much.
- Movie Review: Kal Kissne Dekha - Misses The Bus
Instead of making his son look into the future, Vashu should have looked into this film's future.
- Amicable End To Producer-Multiplex Strike in Bollywood
Movies mean money and that should continue along with entertainment.
- Movie Review: Jukti, Takko Aar Gappo
The whole movie is a joyful tapestry of images.
- Harry Potter in Technicolor, with Bollywood Masala
The Harry Potter series is like Bollywood Masala... Almost, but not quite.
- Too Many Questions & Not Enough Trust
And yet, for all their conversations, their marriage has started off on trust being questioned and ends with it being betrayed.
- Movie Review: Angels and Demons
The end is more 'Crime doesn't pay' than 'Good triumphs over Bad in the end' as in the book.
- Movie Review: Antaheen - Endless Courting on Internet
Pain is an eternal companion. In the end you start finding pleasure in pain.
- Movie Review: Akh Daleel Loolech - A Kashmiri Story About Love
The least we can do is appreciating our own regional cinema.
- Movie Review: Bidai - Ravi Kishan's Bhojpuri Hit
It is about time, Indian government awoke from its slumber and honoured the language and gave Bhojpuri movies the industry status.