2546 articles in category
Page 1 of 85, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 [Next]
- Sarkari Babus & Beyond Their Fat Ass
The Sarkari Babus could be the most confused lot in India at present. They donít know what are their jobs and responsibilities
- Those who Live in Glass Houses
Hypocrisy comes so naturally to most Indians that they donít even realize it on many occasions.
- Incredible India, Indeed!
I hope we will change and change for good. I hope we will treat our fellow citizens as humans, irrespective of their wallet size.
- Liberal Indians, Stand Up
Itís time to stand up for our convictions, for our liberal values.
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- Where Are The Feel Good Female Magazines?
We crave good political commentary or maybe we just want to see Rahul Gandhi or Omar Abdullah centerfolds wearing nothing more than their legendary pouts.
- Ayodhya Verdict: Will Hindus Get Justice On September 24th?
A democratically elected government canít and shouldnít be on its knees and request its citizens to maintain harmony post a court verdict.
- Things I Hate About India: Part I
If you are still reading this article, then you are lucky enough to be at a place where there are less power cuts.
- Imperfection is Bliss
Do you know he masturbates? My father alleged, referring to my son.
- That Day, 2001
I've witnessed eight anniversaries in the U.S. since and the memories are still as vivid, the pain still as fresh.
- I Wish I Was Beaten Black And Blue
Ma, I wish I was beaten black and blue. For a hurt is never an offence for you
- Sense And Sensibility _ Are We Losing It?
It is high time we realize that we are not differentiated by our religion, language, political boundary, faith but are united by the single thread
- Are You In Touch With Your Self?
I think, its time you, the reader -man or woman- find that ME-TIME, for yourself, ie., your own personal space and your time for yourself.
- Water-Borne Misery: Pakistan in Peril
The country of Pakistan has experienced a tragic flood that has left it unable to function well as a nation.
- Rahul Gandhi Takes a Left Turn
What is curious and perhaps dangerous for India, is the garb that Mr. Gandhi decided to wear as the protector of the poor.
- Issues With The UID Project (Aadhaar)
Undemocratic process for project initiation and development; civil liberties; benefits and efficiency; technology; and Costs and Finance
- The Value Of Life In India
Have we become so unsympathetic towards human lives?
- Bhai - Brother Dearest
The first thing I asked when I saw him was, Maa is bhai a boy or a girl?
- Proud To Be Unpatriotic
If a bad policy is harming the nation then it could be said that criticising the government is the most patriotic thing in the world.
- Independence Day - Just Another 24 Hours
Are we valuing our independence? For that matter, did we ever value it to begin with?
- Saza-e-Kalapani - Can We Bring Back The Andaman Experience?
Are we trying to pay homage to all those who suffered for our better tomorrow or are we just revisiting the horror without thinking much
- Eat, Pray And Shit The Indian Way
We live in times of quiet desperation and yet find reasons to laugh. That's what India is all about.
- A Culture of Obligations
Iíve become increasingly impatient with, and resentful of, anything that has a whiff of an obligation to it.
- Poessay: Upset Stomach: Discordance, Disconnect and Dichotomy
when the current died the stillness could be cut with stares (and forks)
- Movie Review: Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
The film conforms to the genre, being simultaneously a 70s-style crime thriller and a chronicle of an inflating hypercity.
- The Religion of Humanity
When a child wails, do you hear Ram, or Allah, or Jesus?
- A Tale of Two Men
Why is Amit Shah being referred to as ĎModiís Maní while Sajjan Kumar has never been honored as ĎRajivís Maní?
- Conflict Resolution for Muslims: A Practical Formula on the Chinese Theory of Mao-Dun
Conflicts are, in essence, survival skills.
- The Floating Generation - Picking Pieces of our Scattered Life
Can we really feel at home even if we are back?
- Book Review: The Beast With Nine Billion Feet - Anil Menon
The Beast is a hugely readable book crammed with ideas and in a very recognizable milieu as it is set in India.
- The Tears Of Our Children
A society that does not care for its children is a society without a future
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Poetry: Beaten But Not Bruised, For Black Stars in 2010
I am here to say what score-lines, statistics will not show, not say
- Indian Railways: The World's Largest Loo Network
Why can't we be little sophisticated, if not sober is all what I think whenever I travel by Indian Railways....
- Can We Trust The Medical Specialists?
We are living in paranoid times. Each new year ushers in a brand new disease and constantly mutating ailments.
- Which Bandh Was it - Bharat, India Or Hindustan?
Keeping aside the name of the Bandh or the minor suffering I had to go through, I do have my own set of perceptions for
- Fiction: The Morning After
Survival first is the metropolitan mantra.
- Bhopal : A Gas Tragedy
I always thought for 2010 the biggest national shame would be the Commonwealth Games, but was proven wrong
- Movie Review: Raavanan - Read Amar Chitra Katha Instead
Have we become pathological remixers?
- Teaching Work & Wealth Values to Children
I'm teaching my kids about wealth and investments. What are you guys doing with your kids?
- Fiction: The Park
A park separates them.
- Garden Talk
Our garden has suffered a lot of neglect in recent months.
- Chaotic Bangalore Roads, Jackass Drivers, Inept Governments
Who in their right minds digs up roads just when the monsoon season starts?
- Entrance Exams Under the Weather
These incidents have cast a cloud of doubt over the credibility of the IITJEE and the CAT.
- The Art Of Dividing Castes
Gotras divide the castes. How bad is that?
- Salutations to Comrade Jyoti Basu - An Intergenerational Tribute
How many Chief Ministers in India in the future will be appreciative of the very subtle and abstract humour of PG Wodehouse?
- Emancipation of Women: Is it Just a Long-cherished Dream?
The mantra is that come out of the fire well in which you are being burnt for the only reason that you were born as