21 articles in category
- Fiction: Little Lizard
She pushed down the insect repellent knob and poison showered on the gecko. The reptile scuttled across the floor and...
- Photography Times Review: Sigma 150-500mm HSM OS
For the price, the Sigma 150-500mm lens is an excellent bang for the buck.
- Can We Save Our Tigers?
It's high time our environment minister drops the argument on BT Brinjal and starts thinking about our national animal.
- Photo Stream: Cat on the Prowl
So I am a bit jaundiced towards them, never mind the fact that I am a dog person.
- The Great Indian Drive
Driving in India is like the theory of Karma – do your best and leave the rest to your insurance company.
- Poessay: Upset Stomach: Discordance, Disconnect and Dichotomy
when the current died the stillness could be cut with stares (and forks)
- Photography Times: Butterfly Eye-to-Eye
Macro photography requires getting as close to the subject as possible.
- Poetry: To Paul Octopus
Aj kahti hoon Paul Octopus se, Apne tank mei se bolo, Aur bhavi Bharat ki Haalat ka raaz kholo.
- Broken Tigers
We are not defined by the things we can replace, but how we care for the things we cannot
- Photo Essay: Pigeons
Some photos of pigeons in a shopping area
- Photography Times: Hippopotamus Mating Games
They were circling around in the water like two Sumo wrestlers performing their pre-game rituals.
- Photography Times: Northwestern Neotropical Rattlesnake
There are about thirty species of rattle snakes and most of them are venomous.
- Satire: A Reasonable Dog
'You ought to be ashamed of yourself", said Nawab, nibbling away at the bag of chips.
- The Feline Needs A Lifeline
Its an irony that India has promoted Tiger as its National Animal since independence, but has failed to save them from dwindling down so badly.
- Photography Times: The Sumatran Tiger
Statistics say, there are less than 500 Sumatran tigers left in the wild.
- Photography Times: Seagull in Flight
If finding the right place was tough, the tougher part was waiting for the Seagulls to fly as a flock.
- Animal Husbandry, a la My Wife
When she makes some strange noise, the dogs would follow her wagging their tails, like the rodents followed the fabled Piper.
- Buner & Swat: Plague Around the Corner?
It looks as though there will be no sowing of wheat in Buner and Swat this season.
- How I Love Zoos - Zoo Diligo or Zoo Contemno
The other day I saw a wild animal trying to get into the San Diego Zoo.
- Fiction: The Best of Both Worlds
If only the adults could be pragmatic and not lug so much excess baggage around!
- Travel Report: A Visit to BR Hills, K.Gudi, Karnataka
Karnataka is a great state for city slickers looking for some greening and wildlife.