18 articles in category
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Talibanization of Pakistan: Realizing the Dreams of Founding Fathers
Progressive Muslim intellectuals, either out of their ignorance or dishonesty, claim that Pakistan's founding fathers had dreamt of a secular state.
- Book Review: The India Doctrine
It presents a completely new perspective on South Asia rarely seen in writing from this region and hardly discussed in Western literature on the subject.
- Why Aren't Indo-Bangla Ties Warmer?
Bangladesh gave India a chance to break its archrival Pakistan in two. Why isn't India grateful?
- BBB Inc. - With Bare Hands If Necessary
This wall is an artificial construct that needs to be brought down - with bare hands if necessary - one brick at a time.
- Is Terrorism a Vice born out of Patriotic Virtues?
The benignity of patriotism could easily be converted into malignant terrorism, by stoking emotions.
- Terrorism - The Communist Perception
We have not sent them to the Parliament to act as "spin doctors" spinning reasons for the existence of terrorism.
- The South Asian Water That Is Indian
A critical analysis of Indian water policy and water projects on the Ganges.
- Access To Credit Should Be Recognised As Human Right
Credit for everybody is not a panacea for all ills but trying to get there is not bad either
- Using Refugees for Strategic Purposes
Governments and other parties use refugees for their own purposes, and not just for humanitarian reasons either
- Bird Flu in West Bengal
Could the Government have behaved better ?
- Oskar Spate and the Partition of India
Oskar Spate served on the Punjab Boundary Commission and there are quite a lot of interesting points in his paper.
- The Forgotten Bangladeshi Genocide
When you treat your own people so cheaply, others will also treat YOU equally cheaply
- Taslima Nasreen: Where Does She Go From Here?
Media exposure could also work against her; and it doesn’t always win her public sympathy.
- Islamic Lynch Mob Hounds Taslima Nasrin: In the Footsteps of the Prophet
Islam's terror against intellectuals critical of Islam was initiated by Prophet Muhammad.
- The Non-BJP politicians and Taslima Nasreen
Stuck in a bad position between vote-banks and principles
- Freedom, Taslima Nasreen, and the Ordinary Bangladeshi
Taslima's writing is at best mediocre but her spirit is that of a warrior
- Taslima Nasreen Leaves Kolkata: A Giant Defeat for Secularism
The biggest tragedy in this situation is that this country's moderate Muslims and Hindus remain silent - again.