44 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Poem: Trapped
They remain in fear, Inside them, The voices trapped Of all what they can say
- The Floating Generation - Picking Pieces of our Scattered Life
Can we really feel at home even if we are back?
- That Bitter Sweet Feeling
Not my home, but lot of memories there
- The Snooze Button
If you are like my hubs, you will not hear the alarm even if the volume of the chirping has reached deafening proportions.
- Fiction: The Park
A park separates them.
- Nawwab and I: Booooobquake Alert
Jen McCreight is going to cause global quakes to prove Sadeghi right.
- Indians in the USA – Their Racial Perspectives
What explains the racism of Indian immigrants to African Americans in the USA?
- The Blizzard of 2010
After 1-2 days being stuck inside stops being quaint and starts being just plain annoying.
- Saving The 'Feriwala'
Why a corporate takeover of the Indian 'bazaar' is not such a good idea.
- Illness, Morbid Thoughts and Lack Of Sun
Each day seemed like the day before - lousy to the core and the nights were the worst
- Book Review: Delhi, A Novel by Khushwant Singh
"Kaun jaaye Zauq par, Dilli ki Galiyan chhod kar"
- Fiction: A Room Of One's Own
This story has been written in third person and then in first person. Which works better and why?
- Too Many Questions & Not Enough Trust
And yet, for all their conversations, their marriage has started off on trust being questioned and ends with it being betrayed.
- At The End Of The Lane
They leave behind a spacious flat on the top floor of a building at the end of a leafy, shaded lane.
- Book Review: Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh
Amitav Ghosh's novels are all meticulously researched and the "Sea of Poppies" is no exception.
- Flash Comes of Age
We all move on in life. But there are just some things you can't explain to a cat - especially a cat without claws.
- The Magic of 'Pata Chitra'
'Pata' in Sanskrit means piece of cloth and 'Chitra' means painting or picture.
- Health Care at Home
"Diet is the primary source of our health issues. After all we are what we eat."
- A Journey That Continues
We’ve set out to do what we think is our pursuit of happiness.
- Fiction: A Few Reasons to Return Home
Each time I return to India, I get a jolt when I see the way things are done here.
- Fiction: The Glass Is Still Empty
I walked up to the refrigerator once again, for a sip, I noticed the glass on it. It was still empty.
- Book Review : Diplomatic Baggage: The Adventures of a Trailing Spouse
Not a book you want to buy or gift a friend who is going to be a Trailing Spouse.
- Of Cats, Dogs and Individuals
Couldn't she just be a cat that wandered the neighborhood? Apparently, not. She had to "belong". She *had* to be a pet.
- What Do You Do For A Living?
Most people are unable to earn money from their passion. Most people are unable to devote time to their passion.
- Short Story Review : "Supriya at Fifty" by Prasenjit Gupta
Some things are irretrievably lost as one becomes a citizen of the world from being the native of a town.
- Cartoon: The Generation Gap
Happy Mother's Day!
- Preparing for Sunset
It is time for everyone to begin preparing for the sunset years.
- Increasing Communication – Declining Communion
How many of us still have old letters – papers yellowing with age and fragile ?
- My (Mis)Adventures with Clutter
If only de-cluttering my life and my home was that easy!
- Wives From The East : The Trafficking Of Women
Human trafficking, particularly trafficking in women and minor girls is shifting shapes.
- Photo Essay: A Suburban Garden in Bhopal
A Photo Essay of a suburban garden of Eden
- Photo Essay: Encounters of the Green Kind
I have been shamefully negligent in writing about flowers - some photos from Lucknow
- The Battle for the Third Space
With the boundaries of home and the office shrinking, more and more people are spending time in the “third space".
- Satire: A Guide to Matrimonial Photos
Finding the humor in the search for the right bride.
- Freedom of Expression in the Technological Age
The whole concept and understanding of how “Freedom of Expression” should be expressed needs to be thought through afresh.
- Sabhnanis Convicted in Slavery Case
Long Island millionaires convicted for enslaving their Indonesian maids could face 40 years in prison
- The Secret To Losing Weight
If you carry on this regimen for ten days, I can promise you a weight loss of at least three to four kilos.
- Amar Akbar Anthony: Fact and Fiction
A trip down memory lane.
- The Return of the Roommates
When God was making human beings, he made two kinds — one whom you would call your friends and the other roommates.