43 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Champions League T20: Mumbai Indians Outclassed by Highveld Lions
Upsets are what make sports interesting.
- England Wins the ICC T20 World Cup 2010
England wins the World cup for first time after 35 years and in their 18th attempt.
- Lalit Modi's Effect on Cricket
Every cricket lover beneficiary of the IPL brand should vouch for this maverick man called L K Modi who has made reality of the dream
- IPL 3: Chennai Super Kings Out-class Mumbai Indians
The final over of the IPL final had an inevitability to it, both for the MI and for Lalit Modi.
- BCCI - Cricket's Holy Cow
I wonder why no one is questioning why politicians are "regulating" cricket in India.
- Tharoor, Sania, IPL, and Other National Distractions
People in public office should focus their attention on matters of public concern rather than being a constant distraction, twittering their foibles or phoning them
- Grapes Unfit For Wine
Almost every middle class sub-conti, or desi, has relatives who live abroad.
- IPL T20 @ Ferozeshah Kotla - Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals
Cricket in India can draw more crowds than even Big Bazaar's annual sales
- Test Cricket - A Twenty20 Twist
What test cricket really needs, is to have the spice and pace of a T20.
- Cricket - How Many LOIs Do we Need?
Do we see the end of 50-50 or is it going to coexist with Twenty20?
- Pakistan Win ICC Twenty20 Championship 2009
The spirit of cricket was alive and well at Lord's on Sunday.
- ICC Twenty20 2009 Semi-final: Pakistan Defeat South Africa
The Pakistan cricket team might not have expected to get this far in a world series, and one would like to believe that at least
- 10 Reasons Why India Lost And Who Is Responsible!
From an MSD Fan.
- ICC Twenty20 2009: India Lose to England, Out of Championship
The final partnership of 63 not out between Dhoni and Pathan just didn't cut it.
- ICC Twenty20 2009: Pakistan Trounce New Zealand
The Pakistan team showed today that they are still a team that cannot be written off by any stretch of the imagination.
- ICC Twenty20 2009: West Indies Defeat India in Super Eights
The unnecessary brouhaha over Virender Sehwag's departure seems to be taking its toll on Indian captain MS Dhoni.
- Royal Challengers of Bangalore Power into IPL 2009 Finals
This was a sweet victory indeed for the Royal Challengers.
- The Knight I Danced
I had said that if Kolkata Knight Riders would go on to win the tournament, I would dance on the streets of Esplanade with Shah
- IPL 2009: Mumbai Take Punjab, Bangalore Crunch Kolkata
In a weekday doubleheader at the Centurion ground, featuring the lower half of the IPL 2009 teams, there was much fine cricket to be had.
- IPL 2009: Mumbai Indians Throw Game Away to Delhi Daredevils
Tendulkar perhaps decided to put his team out of their misery, and bowled the 16th over
- IPL 2009: Bangalore Royal Challengers Outclass Mumbai Indians
The finish was almost never in doubt, and the Mumbai Indians were clearly outclassed in this game.
- IPL 2009: Kolkata Knight Riders Lose to Kings XI Punjab
The game could have gone either way, though, and apart from the poor fielding, there wasn't much to fault the players or the captaincy.
- Can the Kolkata Knight Riders Ride Home to the Ultimate Victory?
When any discussion comes up over the team, I defend it religiously. But then the mind does not believe in the team.
- Bangladesh And The "Globalization" of Cricket
Bangladesh is Test Cricket's newest exponent. It is also, unarguably, the worst of all time.
- Taking Stock of The IPL Effect
The success of the IPL can be gauged by how much the IPL had become a part of our daily life!
- Rajasthan Royals Win IPL Twenty20 Championship Off Final Ball
The victory was an exciting moment. The teams were visibly tensed, and it was an emotional scene.
- Barkha Dutt & The IPL Cheerleaders
Dear Barkha, Your article was totally in bad taste.
- SlapGate, Suspensions, Referees, and Code
Of course, all these charges of parochialism are absurd, but that is what this seems to have descended into.
- Delhi Daredevils Break Chennai Super Kings
The points table has a bit of an upset after this game, and the remaining games before the knock-out stage should be interesting.
- Rajasthan Royals Humble Kolkata Knight Riders
Where is the fire, guys? What happened to all that aggression?
- IPL's First Victim: Harbhajan Singh Banned For 11 Matches
The bowler was found to have acted without provocation and did not intend to appeal the decision.
- Thoughts on IPL
I'd watch Real Madrid play Manchester United at Old Trafford rather than Mumbai Indians play Chennai Super Kings.
- IPL Cricket - Neither Quite Nor Quiet
If the whole idea of IPL was entertainment, it seems to be dishing out added spice and controversy to make it an even bigger hit.
- IPL Twenty20: Mumbai Indians Lose Sorely To Punjab Kings XI
The poorly named Mumbai Indians have had a string of bad luck, or perhaps bad captaincy, in the Indian Premier League Twenty20 series.
- IPL Twenty20 - Bangalore Royal Challengers Stun Mumbai Indians
Each game has its own tenseness, and there really seems to be no such thing as 'too much cricket'.
- IPL T20 - Kolkata Knight Riders Defeat Deccan Chargers
It might have brought back memories of power failures in years gone by in the Calcutta of old, but was apparently a floodlight failure.
- IPL Launches with Kolkata Knight Riders Victory in Bangalore
In an opening ceremony more suited for Miss World than cricket, much glitter, light and sound were deployed to create the illusion.
- A Test Match at Night - Quite Absurd?!
Cricket has a 130 year old tradition and any eccentric change in the game’s original format will take away the technical nuances from the game.
- What Do We Expect of Indian Bowlers?
We are so used to mediocrity in bowling, that we don't know what to do with genuine quality when we see it.
- Team Twenty20 Returns Home
Crowds gathered in thousands to get a glimpse of their Heroes.
- Is Twenty20 the Future of Cricket?
The sustenance of any sport depends on the needs and wants of its key stakeholders.