20 articles in category
- Err India: The National Crasher
I know it is really tough to be a patriot, but I am not definitely not going to take this tough route to be one
- Jet Airways Strike Ends - Victory for Labour
It remains to be seen how long flights will take to return to normal, and whether this will have a lasting impact on Jet Airways'
- Federation of Indian Airlines Withdraws Strike Threat
Most private airlines are in the red, owing money to fuel companies, to airports, to their debtors, and they do not see a solution in
- Air India Under Investigation For Over-Boarding
Airlines frequently overbook, and hence there is a mathematics related to the number of people who overbook.
- FlyDubai, Dubai's First Low Cost Carrier Starts Operations
As I see it, business and holiday travelers without much luggage could find this airline cheaper than its competitors.
- North Korea Launches Rocket Over Japan
The enfant-terrible of North Korea is up to his old tricks.
- Miracle on Hudson: All Survive US Plane Crash in New York
The plane had barely gained altitude when an engine appeared to blow and the pilot warned passengers to brace themselves.
- Chandrayaan-I: Money Down the Drain or Time to Celebrate?
How can you quantify the benefits and the advantages of being at the vanguard of space research and exploration?
- Jet Airways Reverses Layoffs, Naresh Goyal Apologizes
Mr. Goyal apologized to the employees and indicated that the move might have been a hasty decision.
- Secret Rules for Air Hostesses
A satirical look at airline service quality and the recent Court ruling on air hostesses
- The Bangalore International Airport - The Day One Experience
It was a nice experience to be there on Day 1, far better than what most newspapers make it out to be.
- James Watson Vs. Howard Gardner - What Does Intelligence Mean?
Isn't it time for us to take a look at the true meaning of intelligence?
- Sunita Williams, Potato Chips, and Space Research
Why not look into ourselves for inspiration, rather than at outer space?
- Bring the Maharaja Down to Earth
The Civil Aviation ministry would do well to take a cue from their Italian counterparts, and euthanize the ailing Maharajah once and for all.
- Patna and Pune: India's Most Dangerous Airports?
Which airport according to you is the scariest one in India?
- UB Group Acquires 26% Stake in Air Deccan - More Consolidation in the Skies
The sale is termed as a "strategic financial investment” and not a "buy out"
- America on Gel-Alert: How My Can of Deo-Spray Posed a Security Threat
So I let my wife do the talking. I can't bring myself to telling people at airports, "We've nothing to declare".
- Indian Aviation: First Blood Drawn?
Rising fuel, bad business plan, Airlines run on ego and you get the picture about the Aviation scene in India.
- The U.S. Comes Up Lacking In Cross-Atlantic Trade Wars
The European Union is going after some of the biggest players in the tech industry and the U.S. government doesn't seem to be doing much