54 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Karakorum Highway and the Indian Option
China can be offered access to the ports of Mumbai and Kolkata through the Nathu La pass.
- Why China Needs Double Digit Growth, Part II
It is clear that neither can China afford to beggar the US nor can it ignore it.
- Why China Needs Double Digit Growth, Part I
The one thing that bites a country that has a lopsided trade balance towards exports is the currency exchange rate.
- China - Censored Growth
China is certainly miles ahead economically and militarily, but India and Indians have their hearts in place.
- The World Awakens to China
These seem to point to a new belligerent attitude of the Chinese who are ready to flex their muscles to indicate that they have arrived
- China - No More Gimmicks
In recent days, a lot of voices are being heard warning about the Chinese Bubble.
- Travel: Hike on Eastern Simatai, Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of China at Simatai is the steepest and one of the most beautiful sections of wall. The last time it was renovated
- BRIC Economics - Peering Into The Future
Predictions are powerful because when they are made by influential people they become self-fulfilling prophecie
- Should China Have Executed A British National?
Signs of a changing world order.
- No Cop-out At Copenhagen
Copenhagen climate meet produces some positives
- The Chinese Situation
While China has suppressed rights and expanded its infrastructure, India has thrived on its diversity and democracy, encouraging freedom of speech and thought.
- Will Obama be a One-term President?
Can his charm and goodwill work the miracle?
- Change, or the Climate Will Change You!
India needs to gain the strategic and the moral high ground in this game to be a recognized leader of the world. Can we do
- Afghanistan: What Next?
If the Americans leave, can the ISI and the Taliban turn the clock back?
- Book Review: Rivals by Bill Emmott
Both India and China think that the future belongs to them. They can't both be right!
- India's Nepal Policy Needs an Urgent Course Correction
India doesn't seem to care whether democracy and parliamentary supremacy are established in Nepal
- Sri Lanka: When Will India Wake Up?
India must thwart the geo-political games of the China-Sri Lanka axis.
- Delusions of Grandeur Can Lead To Trouble
A Big Brother who is admired and respected, rather than feared, will be able to command his sibling's loyalty.
- A Follow-Up Letter to the Dalai Lama
The Tibetan community should be able to democratically decide if and how the struggle for Tibetan rights should continue.
- Dalai Lama Refused Entry Into South Africa
Millions of South Africans living in the country and overseas felt ashamed and disgusted at their government's refusal to issue visa to the Dalai Lama
- All Visitors are Gods, But Some Visitors are Higher Gods
Is it goodness of the heart or racism that makes Asians treat White people so well?
- Two Intelligent Men
Two ex-Intelligence men are blogging, each so much different from the other.
- China's Emergence and the Case Against Collectivism
The failures of collectivist political systems or China's success is not related to the case against collectivism
- LTTE-China or LTTE-Pakistan Partnership Possible?
Will the Tamil Tigers realign and save themselves from further humiliation by the Sri Lankan army?
- An Open Letter to the Dalai Lama
Your Holiness, will history judge you harshly for not having achieved anything much for the people of Tibet?
- Book Review: Amitav Ghosh's Sea of Poppies
Sea of Poppies is a good book. A very good book. But it falls short of being superb or brilliant.
- Book Review: When We Were Orphans
It captures the pomp of imperialism as well as the decline of the British Empire very well.
- What I Learned in China
I simply do not know how to beat my drum exactly in rhythm with 2007 other people.
- Interview: Michael Levin - The Next Great Clash
He uses a lot of research and the models of other researchers to test his conclusions that are based on his experience and knowledge.
- Tibet - The Myth of Shangri-La
Beneath the smiling face of the 14th Dalai Lama that we see on TV interviews and at public functions there is a worried man.
- Protests and Sport
International sport has always been fertile ground for political protest and dissent.
- Torture Relay - Why Tibet Matters
Why Tibet is still important in today's world, and why one must protest peacefully against authoritarian rule
- China - Whose Problem Is It?
How does China's arrogance effect India and what can India do?
- Freedom for Tibet - Standing Up To China
How easily we forget and ignore issues that are not affecting our daily life even if the concern is about oppression and annihilation of a
- China Wants to Repress Olympic Athletes
I have always maintained that it is one of the worst diplomatic decisions to award the Olympics to a country like China.
- The Law of Unintended Consequences in China
No coal, no power. Welcome to a controlled economy.
- China & India
If only they can put aside the border dispute and reduce their defense expenditures
- The Politics of Identity in Malaysia
Discrimination is indefensible, equality of opportunity a must!
- The Bell Curve and Its Relevance to India
Working towards a higher average IQ is the most significant investment we can make today.
- China - The Party, Crime, and Corruption
The issue arises from the fact that the party is above the law.
- Perspectives on the N-Deal - Part 2
Should India Consider the offer? It's a very straight and a big YES.
- China, Are You With Us?
It is time somebody told the Chinese to back off from fooling around with us
- The Strange Case of Chinese Executions
Are they objecting to the execution or the fact that it's happening in public?
- Karnataka Legislators on a China Jaunt
I was inclined to believe that the others who opted out of China trip might have had a prick of conscience.
- Reconstructing Nalanda
Thoughts on the project to revive the Nalanda University.Sandeep
OPINION | Media: Internet, Media: Journalism, Media: Newspapers, Politics: China, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Freedom, Politics: India, Politics: South Asia, Media: Blogs, Culture: Society, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Books, Culture: Books - Fiction, Culture: Books - Non Fiction, Culture: Desi, Culture: Essay, Culture: History, Culture: Philosophy, Culture: Religion, Politics: World
- India And The Formation Of An Asian NATO
An Asian NATO shall ensure security and stability in the trouble zones throughout Asia.
- Compromising India's Naval Security
Thoughts on India's lackadaisical approach to the security threat in the Indian Ocean.Sandeep
OPINION | Politics: Water, Politics: US, Politics: Terrorism, Politics: Sri Lanka, Politics: South Asia, Politics: Pakistan, Politics: Nepal, Politics: India, Politics: Governance, Politics: Freedom, Politics: Corruption, Politics: China, Culture: History, Culture: Essay, Culture: Desi, Culture: Books - Fiction, Politics: World
- The Implications Of China's Burgeoning Military Spending
The continually rising Chinese Military Spending is not just an Area of Concern for the West but for India too.
- Book Review: Himalayan Blunder
Review of Brigadier John P. Dalvi's banned book, Himalayan Blunder
- Why the UPA Should Go
Critique of the UPA's overall failure in protecting India.
- The US Digs A Ditch For Itself And The World
Where do you think we are headed? Is it just a coincidence that two countries - North Korea and Iran - have gone/almost gone
- China’s Initiatives in Africa
China is consistently enhancing its engagement with African nations in all spheres primarily to gain from rich endowment of resources including oil.
- Indian Geo-Politics: India At The Crossroads
Has India lost its moorings under the current UPA administration?