26 articles in category
- Songs for Pakistan
Good patriotic songs have an innate quality to rouse its audiences and strike a genuine chord throughout the nation.
- The Voice of America & Other Voices
The Voice of America and many of the other voices have been muted because their political objectives have been met.
- News Analysis, Electronic Media and Journalistic Integrity
A good analyst can conclude from the blind men's reports of examining an elephant that they were describing a large animal.
- Photo Essay: Sunfeast World 10K Run
To be a part of the Sunfeast World 10K run, this is an international annual event, and was organized in India for the first time.
- Blogging and Journalism: Amongst the Best the Line is Blurry
The best among both are well grounded in facts, clear, lucid, precise, objective and write for the target audience.
- Will This Cyber Revolution Fly or Fizzle?
The media in Pakistan turned its guns on its benefactor. It spawned another cyber movement, this one led and aided by bloggers.
- Movie Review: Om Shanti Om
While originality is not the film's strongest area, entertainment most definitely isAditi Nadkarni
REVIEW | Culture: Films, Culture: Desi, Media: Radio, Media: Theatre, Media: Television, Media: Music, Media: Music - Composers, Media: Music - Fusion, Media: Music - Ghazals, Media: Music - Hindi, Media: Film - Actors, Media: Film - Directors, Media: Films - Bollywood, Media: Films, Media: Video
- Who Will Listen to Para's Silent Screams?
It is ironic that in a state with a woman as Chief Minister, the women had to organise a "dharna" to be heard?
- Politics in Pakistan: Beating the Same Tabla But Still No Guinness Record
Jagjit Singh Batalvi tapped his way into the record books, fingering his tabla for a fifth straight day.temporal
OPINION | Culture: Society, Culture: The Writing Life, Culture: Women, Politics: Corruption, Politics: Elections, Politics: Governance, Politics: Pakistan, Politics: World, Culture: Social Issues, Culture: Men, Culture: Language, Media: Events, Media: Journalism, Media: Music - Classical (Eastern), Media: Newspapers, Media: Television, Media: Radio, Culture: Bananafish, Culture: Desi, Culture: Humor
- Tech/Music Review: Musicovery
Find new songs and pamper yourself with different styles of music.
- General Musharraf Can Contest the Presidential Elections in Uniform
There have been other instances of the dichotomy where the up holders of the laws declared publicly to take the law in their own hands.
- Top Ten Slogans for Indian Tourism
Top Ten Slogans for the Minister of Tourism (who should remember we hold the copyright!)
- Poetry: under the minaret II
too many dogs exercising one bone / too many quacks exorcising ghosts
- Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani Wasn't Always About Saans Bahu
As a little girl, the Udaan series gave me my lofty ambitions and later Fauji brought me a dimpled heartthrob to ogle at.
- The Church's Long Journey
Can God be found in the cathedrals and basilicas as well as the ghats of Benares?
- Delhi's New "All Talk" Radio
I suggest you give 104.8 a try - you might end up liking this kind of radio
- Indian Cricket: Good News At Last!
If the Indian Cricket League launches it would be a boon to the talent search for the next World Cup!
- Media: The Old vs. The New
I'm reminded of Darwin’s quote: “the species which survived were not the biggest or fastest but the most adaptable to change”
- Selling Stories to the Media - Five Points to Consider
Listing five key factors for successfully selling stories to the media.
- Voting For Talent
Does voting from viewers help bring out the best talent? Or is it about something else?
- Reality, Pop Culture And Art
(Art)allows us to be carried away from reality without having to surrender our grasp on it
- Paid Media Editorial: Should Public-Relations Adopt It?
I saw an interesting, and bold, article in the latest issue of First Option, a new weekly magazine...
- Rise of Soft News: Consumptive Entertainment in Media
Hard News is treacherously hard to define when issues like L'affaire Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are regularly covered in news programs.
- Reporters Sans Frontiers' Worldwide Press Freedom Rankings: Playing With Numbers to Achieve Objective Ratings of Subjective Reality
Lost in translation are subtleties of data, methods of data collection and of analysis, and the caveats.
- Vidarbha: So What If More Farmers Die?
In Vidarbha, people are dying. Yet, the Centre has not done enough to take charge of the situation.
- Radio Mirchi: The Horror of Bangalore
This is dedicated to the inane, unimaginative and absolutely boring RJs on Radio Mirchi 93.3 FM, Bangalore. It's Bullshit Magaa.