52 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- A Debate Over Climate Change
Some future trajectories for the human race in terms of climate change
- Diesel Pricing Decontrol - Will Diesel Car Demand Decrease?
The Government says it is committed to decontrol price of diesel
- Pakistani Ineptitude - Mega Flood Looming
The last one in 1841 swept away the Sikh army camping at Attock to change the course of history
- Capitalism, Socialism and Gasoline
If wishes were horses, commonsense would be jobless!
- Change, or the Climate Will Change You!
India needs to gain the strategic and the moral high ground in this game to be a recognized leader of the world. Can we do
- Chinese Checkers
India has always been an out-of-touch, moralizing country saddled with the morality of Gandhi and the idealisations of Nehru.
- Will Manmohan Get An Economic Nobel?
We are happy this way; this Nobel is quite inconsistent with Eastern values
- Book Review: Living Green - The Missing Manual
The book has been written from the perspective of a person living green.
- Dying Rivers: Global Thirst
'Where has all the water gone, one time passing?' Where have so many people come from?
- Lights Out at the Earth Hour
TERI has been doing all this green stuff long before it became a mantra for the rest of the world.
- Machiavellian Fire Fighters
It is always better to blow up the problem and then get recognition for fire fighting than to nip it in the bud.
- Markham Ice Shelf Breaks Away In Arctic
We can now start seeing the effects of global warming, and as yet, the engines of civilization are still pumping.
- Navadarshanam: An Experiment in Alternative Living
It is an experiment in alternative living, living in a way that does not disturb the balance of the nature in and around you.
- Broadband on Batteries
You canít run a broadband service operating on batteries! It just does not work!
- Nuclear Power - The Seduction of Mephistopheles
In spite of dangers associated with the use of nuclear energy, the seduction of Mephistopheles remains as potent as ever.
- Poetry: Grains - of Truth, Sand and Biofuel
in our wakeful moments/we're legends, walking time
- Oil Price Hike - The Left and the Right
It is easier to sit in the back seat and give directions to the driver, than driving an automobile.
- The Law of Unintended Consequences in China
No coal, no power. Welcome to a controlled economy.
- How Green is My Antilla!
Mukesh Ambani's moral bankruptcy as the Tower of Babel rises in Bombay
- Environmentalism, Global Warming, & The Tata Nano
Why the critics of the Tata Nano are mistaken
- The Tata Nano: The Second Coming or Satan's Car?
In the midst of all the hype, this much is very true: change is on the way.
- Evaluating the Reliance Power IPO
There has been a lot of hype and noise around the upcoming Reliance Power IPO but does it make sense to invest in it?
- Poetry: indolence
what is it about us? we come charging to mourn the dead of our own making.
- San Diego Fires, Chinese Smog and Desi Dung Patties
This was another contributor to global warming, and yes, an inconvenient truth.
- Dasara, Mysore, & Green Activism
It may be that anti-Chamalapura agitators do not see an issue in Dasara lightings, as I do. Or perhaps, they have an issue with nerves,
- Sunita Williams, Potato Chips, and Space Research
Why not look into ourselves for inspiration, rather than at outer space?
- Ambassador Ronen Sen's Headless Chickens
The episode is bound to cramp the style and tone of media communication of our diplomats everywhere.
- Go Green - Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Tips to recycle and conserve energy - save Planet Earth
- WiTricity - Look Ma, No Wires!
WiTricity - or Wireless Electricity - might soon be a reality, as some researchers from MIT have shown.
- Global Warming - Apocalypse When?
Most of the things we need to fight against are the very ones that spell success and achievement in the lives of the urban poor
- Cancer Patients: Dying a Thousand Deaths
Cancer is one of the top three causes of death in India, but not much is being done.
- Outstanding Failure of Large Hydroelectric Projects in India
Maybe we should depend on private companies
- Back to Typewriters
In the offices of rural Maharashtra, the once ubiquitous typewriter is back again.
- Ambition - Can It Lead Us To Hell Or To Heaven?
How would it feel to live like human beings instead of as automatons in a glamor filled society?
- European Union: New Treaty Reduces Greenhouse Gases by 20 Per-Cent
Over the next 13 years, greenhouse gas emissions in the EU would be cut by 20%
- Revisiting An Inconvenient Truth
Five simple things that made this recent Oscar-winning documentary a pleasure to watch
- Fuel Efficient Cars: How Far Are We From 100 Miles Per Gallon?
While we dream of a what a futuristic world would be like, in today's world it is within our grasp to reach 100 mpg with
- Chavez's Petro-philanthrophy: A Slap In The Face Of American Capitalism?
Diplomatic socialist leader, Hugo Chavez wins goodwill among poor americans through petro-philanthropy.
- EPA Woes: To Trust Or Not To Trust ?
The 'Clean Air Act', states very clearly that the EPA can regulate any pollutant, that causes air pollution
- India: Challenge & Opportunity of a Lifetime
A review of the 3rd Sat Pal Mittal Memorial Lecture, India-Japan Energy Forum, and London School of Economics Asia Forum
- Traffic Congestion Surcharge - Skyway Robbery
Private airlines are given to making a big deal of their low basic fare, which, in real terms, costs customers quite a packet.
- OPEC: A Fractious Cartel
OPEC depends on the individual member states not breaking rank. In practice this agreement does not occur as cheating goes on all the time.
- Nuclear Proliferation - Why North Korea Wants Nukes
North Korea wants nuclear weapons for the same reason India and Pakistan wanted them.
- North Korea - Who Cares?
This is a good time for someone to start caring and stop posturing about North Korea.
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord Part Seven
It looked like my time on this case was running out fast no matter what I wanted
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Missing Kyoto Accord Part Five
I can only assume that I fell like a ton of bricks because that's what you normally do under the circumstances.
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Disappearing Kyoto Accord Part 2
It looked like this missing Kyoto accord case was really starting to heat up...
- Canadian Politics: The Case Of The Vanishing Kyoto Accord
...the climate will continue to change and we'll be living in a desert but worse.
- Pesticides in Colas - The Latest Scary Story
The Cola-Pesticide episode is another example of scaring people and making money out of it.
- US Congress Approves Indian Nuclear Deal
Both sides, as usual, miss the point.